I found two very old and neglected TV chairs that needed a new lease of life.
It just happened that I had also been material hunting at Bev’s Remnants and found the perfect material for the chairs.
One a fabulous floral which was offset by a contrasting plain material both in a cotton mix.
The wood needed to be refinished which ended up being more work than I originally thought as it had been done in a polyurethane. After all the old finish had been removed – which yes I had to do with a paint stripper but I used a citrus based one (not as harmful to the environment) and sanded back, the wood came up wonderfully and smooth with a fabulous glow which set off the new fabric perfectly.
Its always a great feeling looking back to what was and what is now, knowing that all that hard work was worth it.